Saturday, May 30, 2009

jeff buckley

Yesterday, Friday, May 29, was the twelve year anniversary of the extremely premature passing of Jeff Buckley. He was so young and talented. Such a sad moment for the world to lose this amazing talent. I can still remember when i discovered his debut album, Grace. I remember thinking then it was one of the greatest albums I had ever heard and today this album still resonates for me. If you do not own it, get a copy as soon as you can. You will not be disappointed. Actually, get all of his albums. Grace though is definitely one of the ten albums I would take if I was going to a desert island or could only have ten albums for the rest of my life. Yes, it is that good!

Below I have included his version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah from this album. This is probably his most well known song, but there are many many more worth exploring. The stark video shows the heart-wrenching beauty of his delivery and the depth of another musical talent lost way too soon.  


Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

2 comments:

  1. This has become one of my favourite songs of all time, and it sends shivers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. It is an amazing version. He was an incredible talent. Be sure to check out more of his work. I'm glad it resonated with you.

    ReplyDelete