Saturday, April 11, 2009

doves - "kingdom of rust"

Doves, another excellent Mancunian band, released their fourth album this week, Kingdom of Rust, and I haven't been able to stop listening to it. 

I discovered Doves at the same time I discovered Elbow. Fitting since the lads seem to be great pals! I even got an email from Elbow promoting the album, and saying they believed it to be a bloody masterpiece. I might have to agree so far. Doves makes albums you need to listen to a few times and then I am sure it will get under your skin just as it has mine. I literally woke up this morning singing "Kingdom of Rust" in my head. The driving backbeat and effortless hook just pull you in. All of their albums are good. I loved The Last Broadcast, but this may be the best yet.

Another treat, they are playing live in Los Angeles at the Wiltern on May 16. I saw them a few years back at the Mayan. It was a great show, Doves and My Morning Jacket.  Interesting combo, and both were great live.

Enjoy the video and pick up the album. You will not regret it. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment